An update on earlier posts comparing jobs for the two leading enterprise collaboration platforms: IBM's Notes, Domino and Workplace products vs Microsoft's Sharepoint and Exchange.
Comments and caveats:
- It's only one country, so doesn't necessarily reflect the situation outside the UK.
- Here's an alternative view of the job market
- The ITJobsWatch site appears to provide high quality, normalised and de-duped data, so it shouldn't be compared with keyword job search sites in which:
- a query for, Notes, may return jobs ".. taking notes ..." or Exchange may return jobs in a " ... stock exchange ..."
- a single position will appear many times from different sources.
Application Platforms: UK Permanent and Contract IT Positions for 3 months ended Jan 16th 2008
Source ITJobsWatch 16th January, 2008
Note: this site breaks out the MSFT products by release (Exchange2003, Exchange 2007, etc), so I added together the individual results. The Lotus releases are combined (i.e. one entry for Notes, one for Domino).
12-month Trend: Lotus Notes Permanent positions trend is shown in the chart below
Additional 12-month trend lines for each company's leading entries are below: